The regulations surrounding the investment world are complex, and having a partner on your team to guide you through these regulations is invaluable. YK Law’s investment team provides sophisticated advice and guidance for investors, investment advisers, private fund sponsors, registered funds, registered investment companies, and directors. We are renowned for the strong advice we’ve given about enforcement and transactional challenges, structuring, and litigation.
With our extensive experience, we advise clients on a full range of legal, regulatory, and compliance issues that affect the investment management industry. Our dedicated investment team also has vast experience representing advisers and funds in litigation and enforcement issues with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC), and other regulators.
Valuable, Cutting-Edge Legal Advice and Strategies
Our team of private equity lawyers provides valuable legal advice and strategy to clients at every stage of the fund lifecycle. As a co-managing member of the Yingke Global Legal Service Alliance, we have established and dedicated resources in the world’s largest and fastest growing financial centers. These unique connections mean our team can work seamlessly across borders to assist clients at every stage of the process, from establishment of a fund to creation of a clear exit strategy, whether by private sale, initial public offering, merger or acquisition.
YK Law Clients Are Investors and Sponsors Involved with Institutional and Start-up Ventures and Multi-Billion-Dollar Firms
As an established private equity, hedge fund, and asset management firm, our attorney team provides advice and representation on the following topics:
- Hedge funds
- Asset managers
- Private and public funds
- Investment banks
- Private equity firms
- Large privately held companies
- Publicly traded companies
- Credit funds
- Funds of funds
- Institutional investors
- Seed capital investors
A Diverse Experience and Client Base
YK Law asset management attorneys advise clients on complex strategies, including commodity trading, currency overlay, currency management, hedging programs, tail risk funds, and IP issues, among many others.
We represent both sponsors and investors in connection with the establishment of private equity investment vehicles and venture capital funds. YK Law attorneys keep their fingers on the pulse of current and emerging market conditions and trends and bring extensive experience in many relevant areas, including partnership and limited liability company law, tax, ERISA, securities, and investment companies. Our client base is diverse, and we advise across all asset classes.
Our globally-minded, forward-thinking team offers advice and services in the organization and offering of hedge fund products encompassing:
- Anchor investor capital negotiations
- Commodity Futures Trading Commission
- Commodity Pool/Commodity Trading Advisor formation and operation
- Counterparty risk management and negotiation of counterparty documentation
- Dodd-Frank and European market infrastructure regulation
- Fund documentation and operations
- Fund documentation and negotiation
- Impact of derivatives regulation
- Management fee and performance-based arrangements
- National Futures Association registration and compliance issues
- Operating and advisory agreements
- Over-the-counter and exchange-traded transactions
- Private debt, distressed asset, growth equity, and real estate transactions
- Response to regulatory inquiries and investigations
- Spinouts and mergers
- Trade structuring
YK Law is the Go-To Firm for Sponsors and Investors
Our hedge fund attorneys have unparalleled experience and depth of knowledge, and provide services in the following disciplines:
- Business restructuring
- Employment law
- Estate planning
- Government enforcement
- Securities litigation
- Taxation and ERISA
These broad strengths allow us to help clients pursue a wide range of investment strategies spanning emerging markets, distressed debt, leveraged buyouts, and secondary market purchases of entire private equity portfolios. Our experience reaches through many investing sectors in technology, energy, life sciences, resources and mining, chemicals, consumer/retail, and industrials.
An Array of Services—What We Do for Our Clients
- Act for the private fund when it buys and sells investments
- Provide advice on how to structure new funds
- Draft the organizational documents required to form an investment fund
- Conduct diligence reviews
- Negotiate contracts
- Assist private equity firms in negotiating terms on which investors contribute their funds
- Assist in the fundraising process
- Assist clients with fundraising offering materials including partnership agreement preparation
- Advice for documenting management and compensation agreements
- Advice on closing fund formation transactions
- Inform and advise about the changing regulatory and compliance issues
- Provide continuous advice regarding performance and advertising and brokerage and portfolio trading practices
Not only are YK Law attorneys legal technicians, we also offer business-savvy, practical advice to our clients. Because we see ourselves as more than lawyers to our clients, no matter what we provide advice and guidance on, whether private equity, hedge funds, or asset management, we provide full-service solutions on all aspects of business. We truly want to act as your partners and strategic advisors through the entire process.
We are fully equipped to guide you effectively and successfully with all your investment requirements for our clients’ private equity, hedge funds, and asset management advice.
To learn more about what we can do for you, contact us today for an initial review and consultation.