Max Beaulieu is Of Counsel to YK Law LLP's Entertainment Law Department. He is also the principal and managing attorney of the Beaulieu Law Firm, PC.
Max Beaulieu's practice focuses on corporate, sports and entertainment law. Max started out his legal career with the NBA's New Jersey/ Brooklyn Nets. On the Nets' behalf, Max assisted in negotiating multi-million-dollar sponsorship transactions with the YES Network, Vitamin Water and Gatorade. Max was also involved in Player Contract Negotiations and was intimately involved with the collective bargaining compliance for the NBA franchise. Max had the unique opportunity to be at the forefront of handling legal issues associated with running a sports franchise including the Nets transition from New Jersey to Brooklyn.
Since then, Max has represented athletes, music artists, and business entities and plays an instrumental role as their respective attorney and trusted business advisor.
- Corporate/M&A Practice
- Entertainment & Media
- Vermont Law School, South Royalton, Vermont
- J.D. - 2008
- Hofstra University
- B.B.A. - 2005
- New York, 2010
- New Jersey, 2009
- New York City Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Represented a music artist in securing a music distribution deal with EMPIRE Music Distribution.
- Represented a producer of a competitive/reality tv show for a production deal with Pilgrim Media Group and LIONSGATE company.
- Negotiated a return of trademark of a cosmetic beauty brand back to its original owner.
- Represented a cosmetic beauty business in the assignment of its assets and intellectual property in a merger deal.
- Represented a startup sports league in securing celebrity owners for the league’s teams.