Ghenya B. Grant
Entertainment & Media
Ghenya B. Grant practices in the areas of business law, real estate, sports and entertainment, and intellectual property.
Ms. Grant began her legal career as an attorney with an entertainment and litigation firm, where she worked on employment discrimination cases and high-profile entertainment litigation and music publishing matters. Building on her blended experience of transactional work and litigation, Ms. Grant opened her own law firm, initially representing clients in a multitude of Real Estate transactions, Bankruptcy, and Labor-related administrative hearings and arbitrations, while developing an entertainment practice consisting of book publishing, sports, film and tv production, and music. She has handled a mix of litigation and transactional law, providing advice and counsel to small businesses on formation and start-up, M&A, real estate, contracts, and copyright and trademark, and IP licensing, with an emphasis on contract negotiation.
Ms. Grant has served as counsel to several non-profit corporations, as in-house counsel and outside counsel, counseling clients on matters such as Corporate Governance, employment, technology, construction, Compliance, Commercial Contracting and IP; Ms. Grant has drafted and negotiated a multitude of contracts, especially those in the creative industries.
- Entertainment & Media
- Intellectual Property
- Real Estate
- New York Law School, New York, New York
- Hampton University
- New York
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York
- National Bar Association
- Represented Graphic Designer in Trademark Infringement Litigation involving an International renown NBA MVP.
- Represented Lighting Designer in negotiations with a NYC theater starring a Tony-Award winning former Hamilton cast member.
- Represented book writer in negotiations with a NYC theater and stage producer.
- Represented producer in negotiations with music manager.
- Represented a Real Estate Corporation in M&A corporation in the acquisition of assets.
- Represented client in sponsorship agreement with a major cable company.
- Provided advice and counsel to NFL Agent involved in internal fee dispute.
- Represented Negro League Baseball player in negotiations with author and publisher for option rights.