Entertainment & Media and Tax
Adam is a well-known and highly regarded entertainment, tax, and intellectual property lawyer. He brings more than 20 years of experience to YK Law, having owned and operated his own law firm for the last 18 years and previously served as in-house counsel in the Corporate & Transactions Group at NBC.
Adam's three main practice areas routinely intersect just as entertainment, taxation, corporate structuring, and intellectual property matters routinely overlap during a transaction. Through a transactional lens, Adam offers strategic and practical advice that achieves short-term goals as well as long-term solutions for his clients. Whether he is negotiating a transaction or rendering day-to-day advice to his clients, Adam makes long-term planning and goals a priority in his dealings.
- Entertainment & Media
- Intellectual Property
- Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, New York, New York
- J.D. - 1998
- Boston University School of Law, Boston, Massachusetts
- LL.M. - 2008
- Major: Taxation
- Bentley University
- B.S. - 1992
- New York, 1999
- Represented music publisher on complex tax non-payment matter, including amending 10 years of Federal and State tax returns.
- Represented copyright holder in infringement matter for use of pre-existing materials in a new documentary;
- Represented independent record label in breach of contract matter against former label artist;
- Represented composer for recovery of unpaid royalties against major record label;
- Represented augmented reality start-up on general corporate and intellectual property matters;
- Represented independent movie studio on major financing and acquisition of film properties.
by Jesse Weiner and Adam HIrshfield On February 21-23, 2020, Alexandra Levin, Partner and Chair of the Blockchain Technology & Digital Currency practice of YK Law LLP (“YK Law”), participated in the Executive Board meetings of the Foundation for International Blockchain and Real Estate Expertise (“FIBREE”) in Vienna. Alexandra is a member of FIBREE’s Executive Board. She supervises FIBREE’s 12…