Global Mindset. Local Instinct.
Wan-Ling (Olivia) Lin
Wan-Ling (Olivia) Lin joined YK Law LLP Corporate / M&A group after graduating from Columbia Law School LLM program. Before YK Law, she worked at an international law firm where she gained experience in general corporate advisory work, commercial litigation and internal investigation for international financial institutions. Through the experience in representing clients from different sectors in both corporate and litigation matters, she has seen the full circle of transactions. Her language fluency in both English and Chinese has helped clients in cross-border transactions.
- Corporate/M&A Practice
- Greater China Practice
- Columbia Law School, LL.M. (2022)
- National Taiwan University, LL.B. (2014); LL.M. (2018)
- Taiwan (2014)
- New York (admission pending)
- National Asian Pacific American Bar Association
Classes & Seminars
- Private Company’s Duty to Disclose When Issuing New Shares—A Review of the Year 104 (NB: 2015) Tai Shang Zi No. 2492 Judgement of the Supreme Court, Military Law Journal, vol. 64, no. 1, pp. 64–84, Feb. 2018;
- How to Reduce a Management Team’s Risk of Breach of Trust by Reinforcing Business Judgment Rule, (co-authored with Ming-Wei Lo), Commercial Times, 21 Feb. 2019.
Recent transactions handled by Wan-Ling (Olivia) Lin include:
- Advised an international pharmaceutical company in negotiating its biological treatment authorization agreement with the investor.
- Advised a China-headquarter chemical cleaning company in its due diligence report for its proposed listing on the National Equities Exchange and Quotations.
- Advised a North American subsidiary of a China robotic company in its non-exclusive distribution contract, drafted collaboration framework contract for the client on the same
- Represented an international optoelectronic company for it being misrecognized as a prohibited entity in National Defense Authorization Act and successfully remove the wrong entry.