Barbara Lipshutz is of counsel to YKLaw LLP, where she practices primarily in the field of intellectual property.
Barbara has 15 years of experience in national and international trademark prosecution and protection work, as well as licensing.
Barbara also has more than 25 years of experience in matters relating to media law and advertising, including advising major magazines and documentary producers on prepublication matters, and other issues relating to publicity, privacy, copyright, defamation, and First Amendment issues.
- Entertainment & Media
- Immigration & Global Mobility Practice
- Harvard Law School, J.D.
- University of Pennsylvania, B.A.
- New York (1996)
- Represented publishing and other media clients in connection with trademark prosecution and protection, including US and foreign registrations
- Sent cease and desist letters, as well as correspondence to domain and platform providers, demanding removal of infringing goods
- Represented the holder of a well-known trademark in a UDRP proceeding, challenging an infringer’s use of the client’s trademark in its domain name
- Represented a content provider in connection with a copyright infringement claim involving use of a celebrity yearbook photo
- Provided intellectual property schedules and information in connection with sale of media company