Brian (Dae Shin) Park is a Partner of YK Law LLP. He oversees and performs the firm's litigation and tax and estate planning practice. including class action, Employment & Labor, Wage & Hour, Business Disputes, Mediation, Arbitration, and Asset Protection & Estate Planning. He also spearheads the firm's strategic partnerships and expansion and service for the Korean American & Korean national trade community.
As a registered US lawyer, Mr. Park practices principally in the areas of Civil Litigation with emphasis on Employment & Labor, Class Action, Business Litigation, Tax Controversy, Tax Planning, Asset & Business Planning & Protection, Estate Planning, and Business Formation, Human Resources Management & Compliance.
- Compliance & Investigations
- Emerging Growth & Technology Practice
- Intellectual Property
- Litigation & Dispute Resolution
- Private Equity, Hedge Funds & Asset Management
- Real Estate
- Wealth Preservation & Estate Planning Advisory
- Loyola Law School, Los Angeles, California
- Tax Law LL.M - 2010
- Whittier College School of Law, Los Angeles, California
- JD - 2006
- University of California, Santa Cruz
- B.S. - 1997
- Major: Psychology
- Claremont Graduate University
- MS - 2000
- Major: Human Resources Design
- California, 2007
- National Institute for Trial Advocacy (NITA)
- National Network of Estate Planning Attorneys (NNEPA)
- Beverly Hills Bar Association
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Korean American Bar Association
- Case Note Published: Vol. 26:4 Whittier Law Review
- Executive Editor, Whittier Law Review
- Moot Court Honors Board
- Cum Laude, JD
- Dean’s List & Honor Roll: 2003-2006
- Served as General Counsel for a Fortune 500 recruitment firm with over 50,000 employees; provided development of corporate policies, procedures and programs. Provided counsel and guidance on legal matters and served as key counsel on all major business transactions, including acquisitions, software service agreements, client service agreements, employment agreements.
- Represented Aphections, Inc. in successfully litigating and enforcing judgment relating to trademark and contract breach in the multiple million-dollar settlement;
- Represented individual plaintiffs in breach of contract, probate, elder abuse, and trust ligation.
- Worked as Korean Language contract attorney in assisting the depositions of key witnesses in South Korea for an international patent infringement litigation case.
- Represented leading insurance companies in litigating insurance defense and bad faith litigation.
- Represented individual and small to mid-sized business in tax planning, estate planning, and asset protection, including structuring and designing of ILIT, QTIP, GRAT, etc.