Richard Park is an antitrust partner resident in Washington, DC. Mr. Park represents clients in connection with mergers and acquisitions, civil non-merger, and consumer protection investigations before the Department of Justice and the Federal Trade Commission. He has significant antitrust counseling experience relating to distribution, marketing, licensing, standard setting, and other business practices. He has represented clients in matters involving a wide range of industries including, software, pharmaceuticals, defense, telecommunications, and media.
Prior to joining YK Law, Mr. Park was an antitrust partner at a large international law firm where he worked on obtaining regulatory approval for numerous transactions. Representative M&A matters include: Media General's acquisition of LIN Media LLC ($1.6B); Simon Property Group's acquisition of Prime Outlets ($2.4B); Merck & Co.'s acquisition of Schering-Plough ($41B); Merck & Co.'s sale of its interest in Merial Limited to sanofi-aventis ($4.0B); CommScope Inc.'s acquisition of Andrew Corp. ($2.6B); MGM's acquisition of Mandalay Bay Group ($7.9B); and Northrop Grumman's acquisition of Newport News ($2.6B).
- Compliance & Investigations
- Corporate/M&A Practice
- Georgetown University Law Center, Washington, District of Columbia
- Major: Securities and Banking
- Northeastern University School of Law, Boston, Massachusetts
- Cornell University, Ithaca, NY
- B.A. - 1992
- Major: Political Science
- New York
- District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
- Section of Antitrust Law, Communications Industry Committee, American Bar Association, Former Vice-Chair