Immigration & Global Mobility
Lisa Smith is a Partner of YK Law LLP. She has years of successful experience as an attorney, especially in the area of immigration law. She represents individuals and corporations in immigration-related matters including EB-1A extraordinary ability immigration, L1/EB-1C multinational manager immigration, EB2, EB3 professional and worker immigration, EB-5 investment immigration and H-1B nonimmigrant work visas as well as family-based immigration, to name a few.
Ms. Smith is an immigration attorney for a number of large companies across a range of industries including high-tech, architecture, engineering, education, manufacturing, real estate, entertainment and the arts, among others. She has also successfully represented famous actors, singers, artists, athletes, exchange-listed company entrepreneurs, executives and esteemed scientists. Further, she has met and exceeded the immigration and business-needs of large- and medium-sized company managers and foreign employees. Prior to focusing on immigration law, Ms. Smith practiced intellectual property law before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
- Immigration & Global Mobility Practice
- Master of Science in Computer Science – Cal State Fullerton, CA
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science – Wuhan University
- Law Office or Judge’s Chamber Study
- Former Chair and Member of the Orange County Bar Association Immigration Law Section
- Member of the Orange County Bar Association Outreach Committee
- Member of the Orange County Bar Association LRIS Committee
- Former SoCal CBP Liaison and Member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association
- Successfully handled intracompany transferee L-1 visa matters for China’s biggest household cabinet manufacturer, which is listed on the China Shanghai A Stock Exchange.
- Represented a world leading manufacturer of capillary blood lancing devices and disposable scalpels for its immigration matters.
- Successfully represented a famous Chinese homegrown professional golfer who is the first Chinese player on the distinguished PGA TOUR to immigrate to the U.S. via EB-1A extraordinary ability immigration.
- Successfully represented China’s many celebrities including famous actors, famous signers, famous dancers, famous artists and exchange-listed company entrepreneurs and executives to obtain their respective permanent residency through EB-1A extraordinary ability immigration.
- Represented China’s leading manufacturer of air handling products for its L-1 visas and EB-1C immigration matters.
- Successfully represented numerous high-tech, real estate, engineering and manufacturing companies, architectural design firms, educational institutes, etc. for their H-1B work visas and professional and work immigration.
- Mandarin Chinese
- Cantonese Chinese