While people wish they could negotiate every detail, here are a few items that aren’t negotiable:
- File rendering – in graphics production, image, and video editing, the file is transformed into a finished image or video. Each frame can take a few hours to more than a day to render.
- How long it takes for paint to dry. The set design, lighting, and art departments all wish there was a quick-dry solution.
- Weather – mother nature has a mind of her own.
- Parking restrictions (and other laws) – please get necessary permits and follow any legal requirements.
- Food orders — especially, for that person with the REALLY detailed requests.
- Call times – that shot may need to be filmed at a specific time or your makeup may be extremely detailed — Jennifer Lawyer’s Mystique took 8 hours/day.
The good news is with the right lawyer you can negotiate salary, perks, and other terms.